- Current Board Fellows
- NBLP Fellowship Info Session PPT
- NBLP Coordinator Info Session PPT
- 2013-2014 Leadership Experiences Schedule
Congratulations and Welcome to the Class of 2014 Nonprofit Board Leadership Program Fellows!
Click here to see the announcement.
Matching Wharton MBA Students with Philadelphia's Nonprofit Organizations
The Nonprofit Board Leadership Program (NBLP) at the Wharton School was launched in the spring of 2005 with the goal of creating an experiential learning environment for students that would also support local nonprofits. To achieve this goal, NBLP places second-year MBAs on boards of local non-profit organizations in order create a mutually beneficial experience for both the student and the nonprofit. Participating students are given the title of "Visiting Board Member" and are staffed on committees of respective Boards which focus on particular strategic areas for each organization (e.g. accounting, finance, marketing, etc.).
The program is rooted in a commitment to serving the non-profit organizations in the Philadelphia area. Together, it is envisioned that both Wharton and local nonprofits can help each other succeed and achieve a rich understanding of the growing intersection between business and nonprofit activities.
In 2007 the NBLP made the exciting transition from a student-run project to become part of the Wharton Leadership Program, which provides infrastructure, administrative support, and a wealth of experience and knowledge in leadership development and training.
As a Board Fellow You Will:
- Receive extensive training to prepare you to be a visiting board member
- Be matched with a local non-profit organization based on your interests and experience
- Serve on a board subcommittee based on your interests and functional preferences
- Share experiences through case studies to understand the challenges of other local organizations
- Use your insights and skills to benefit a service, advocacy, or cultural organization
- Network with local community and business leaders
- Engage in a unique opportunity to develop your leadership skills while giving back to the community